Suicide doors

Dick Tuttle

Seeing David's Tatraplan got me thinking about so called "suicide" doors.  I suppose they were called that since if you opened them at speed they would rip wide open and possibly pull you out.  Some folks hate them.  They were very popular in the early 30s, used on most cars at one time or another.  I have had several cars with them and never found them to be a problem. Recently I learned on reason for their popularity.
When they were dropped from FIAT 500s and 2CVs, many males lamented the loss.  It seems they have a distinct advantage when short skirted women climb out.  Like a fool, I seem to have missed it!