Topics

I have found a video showing a Nextion Display

Michael Shreeve

I really like the Antuino, and this version looks great. Has anyone been able to get the new sketch from EB7ME ? Or, did he use something from Ashhar ? https://youtu.be/VTyHUfMKoz8

Gerry Kavanagh

Very pretty. I suspect this is a complete rework rather than a simple screen mod.
Running on an STM Micro, so the code would not be a straight port.
/ Gerry

Dave_G0WBX

Very nice...

The repeating sweep is good to have too, I would guess that possibly could be added to the original version with just a firmware change.  (I'm still learning my way around the project.)

73.

Dave G8KBV

On 20/10/2019 23:58, Michael Shreeve wrote:
I really like the Antuino, and this version looks great. Has anyone been able to get the new sketch from EB7ME ? Or, did he use something from Ashhar ? https://youtu.be/VTyHUfMKoz8
_._,_._,_

--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source software:

Michael Shreeve

Edited

You are correct Gerry. Not only completely new software, but a different microprocessor board and circuitry. Although I believe it is a great version, the work that Ian of Hamskey did with the uBITX made it possible to use a nextion and change the operation completely for a much better radio, and why not the Antuino. I've tried to get him to look at it but he's spent a lot of time with the EU1KY, a version of the SARK100 Mini 60 . These analyzers do not have separate inputs, only outputs. Without two connectors, these analyzers cannot sweep a filter, and that's HUGE. We really need to get Ian of Hamskey.com on this , as his software revolutionized the uBITX ! Perhaps more nudges besides just mine ? For me, the sweep of a filter, say a multi pole crystal filter or a low pass filter , is crucial for equipment developers and even simple repeater alignment.
One of the suspected reasons for a complete rework was that the features, he felt or determined, were not possible with the existing circuitry. He talks about how it is faster. Ian would be the one who would agree or disagree.

Arvo W0VRA

Yeah, but will it export to Excel? B-)

Michael Shreeve

If we could get Ashhar (he's not busy , right lol) or Ian of Hamskey.com to write some firmware for  bigger display, we could do several things. I'd love to see a smith chart version. It would be ok for it to be slow,, as long as you could get it to re-scan with a key press of some kind. Then, we could do this : https://youtu.be/f8wJ0io95RE