Topics

I bought an Antuino, but can't figure it out

bstanaway@...

Hello,

I bought an Antuino, but I am not that tech savy and should have went with something a little easier to work.  I can't even figure out how to do a simple SWR measurement.  So My loss is your gain.  Asking $100 paypal and you pay the fees.  I'll cover shipping to you.

Thanks

Ted

It was a little "interesting" to get used to. First, dial in a frequency on the display. If your antenna is cut for 40 meters, input 6.5000 and pick a step range of a few MHz.  Go to the graph view and you will get a slope of SWR across the range chosen, starting at the freq chosen.  You can eventually get better resolution by choosing a frequency closer to the slope you see on this first run, choosing a narrower range, and picking a start frequency that's closer to that slope as well. A sharp blip becomes a bell.

I'm not in front of mine just now, so, please adjust for my terminology from memory.

Best of luck,

Ted
K3RTA

bstanaway@...

That helps a little, but I already bought it's replacement.  So this has got to go.

Thanks!

Jim Miller

I bought one as well, I sure wish someone would create a YouTube video doing a deep dive into using it.  What's available is very limited and assumes as lot of existing knowledge.

Just my $0.02
--Jim

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 3:32 PM <bstanaway@...> wrote:
Hello,

I bought an Antuino, but I am not that tech savy and should have went with something a little easier to work.  I can't even figure out how to do a simple SWR measurement.  So My loss is your gain.  Asking $100 paypal and you pay the fees.  I'll cover shipping to you.

Thanks

I agree with Jim. I know how to check my SWR with the Antuino, but I would like a video or a manual that shows how to sweep a filter and some of the other things that it will do. I guess I just have enough imagination to figure it out.

Joel
N6ALT

Joshua Wood

I'm not sure if anyone was aware of this, but they did a good intro for it.  It's for the original firmware, but I doubt there were major changes to it's operation (still have to upgrade / swap parts on mine) to check.

-Josh
W0ODJ

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 16:39 Joel Caulkins/N6ALT <caulktel@...> wrote:
I agree with Jim. I know how to check my SWR with the Antuino, but I would like a video or a manual that shows how to sweep a filter and some of the other things that it will do. I guess I just have enough imagination to figure it out.

Joel
N6ALT

radiodoc43

Either a video or a nice pdf with setup and examples would be great.