Topics

diy Antuino - questions

necessaryevil86@...

Hello, I have two questions about DIY'ing an Antuino.

Which material is used for the toroidal inductors? FT37-43?
Can I use this display with stock firmware? I feel like not all KS0108 displays are the same.

m.v.g.
Stefan

Ashhar Farhan

The transformer and the inductor toroids are ft43-37.  The display we used is the most common one. All if them will work with some flip of configuration

On Thu 17 Oct, 2019, 11:40 AM , <necessaryevil86@...> wrote:
Hello, I have two questions about DIY'ing an Antuino.

Which material is used for the toroidal inductors? FT37-43?
Can I use this display with stock firmware? I feel like not all KS0108 displays are the same.

m.v.g.
Stefan

MVS Sarma

Perhaps Farhan meant FT37-43

On Thu, 17 Oct 2019, 6:28 pm Ashhar Farhan, <farhanbox@...> wrote:
The transformer and the inductor toroids are ft43-37.  The display we used is the most common one. All if them will work with some flip of configuration

On Thu 17 Oct, 2019, 11:40 AM , <necessaryevil86@...> wrote:
Hello, I have two questions about DIY'ing an Antuino.

Which material is used for the toroidal inductors? FT37-43?
Can I use this display with stock firmware? I feel like not all KS0108 displays are the same.

m.v.g.
Stefan

necessaryevil86@...

Edited

Thank you very much!
Yes, FT37-43 , the other one is a typo.

kind regards,
PG1T

David S

Stefan

The short answer is probably, I'm in the process of constructing an Antuino and ordered a very similar display, same board layout, but mine is marked 12864-6.  I can confirm this is the the correct chipset but I think mine may be faulty, the Vee is low, it's only -4.25 v, I think it should be around -9v, the result is a dim and very poor viewing angle screen.

The display also suffers from a vertic area on the right hand side where the backlight is excessive, it's just to the right of the display active area.  There seems to be various type about, welcome to the minefield.

David

necessaryevil86@...

I googled lcm12864C (the one I ordered) and I came across an Aliexpress page with more information on a similar display (LCM12864C-1). Long story short: I think you are right, It seems that the display is defective.