Topics

Antuino in finding local noise sources

Martin Kratoska

Esteemed reflectees,

I plan to use my Antuino with a small differential loop antenna for finding the local noise sources (switching PS, traffic lights, LED strips in the neighbourhood etc.). I would like to tune to (say) 5.1 MHz with span of 5 MHz to check 100 kHz - 10.1 MHz etc. I would appreciate any advice, notes etc. Should be a preamp used with such small antenna with quite high negative "gain"?

73,
Martin, OK1RR

Robert Schafer

Martin:

A good use case.  Would be interested to know what is best loop antenna to buy/build for doing this?

73, Robert W5IUA

Ashhar Farhan

A small loop of even 1foot across should do

On Sat 2 Nov, 2019, 3:54 AM Robert Schafer, <w5@...> wrote:
Martin:

A good use case.  Would be interested to know what is best loop antenna to buy/build for doing this?

73, Robert W5IUA

Martin Kratoska

suggested antenna attached

73,