Topics

630 meters

Bill VanKirk

Is it possible to use the Antuino on 630 meters? I would like to use it to check SWR etc. Anyone done this?

73
W0PT

Ashhar Farhan

The mixer input is on the RF port. It might just about make it. Can someone see if thr swr holds with the dummy load when tuned down to 600 khz?

On Sat 2 Nov, 2019, 3:46 PM Bill VanKirk, <bvkirk@...> wrote:
Is it possible to use the Antuino on 630 meters? I would like to use it to check SWR etc. Anyone done this?

73
W0PT

Steve Ratzlaff

Farhan, It won't tune below 1 MHz. You already know this, so why do you say this?

Steve AA7U

On 11/2/2019 3:24 AM, Ashhar Farhan wrote:
The mixer input is on the RF port. It might just about make it. Can someone see if thr swr holds with the dummy load when tuned down to 600 khz?

On Sat 2 Nov, 2019, 3:46 PM Bill VanKirk, <bvkirk@...> wrote:
Is it possible to use the Antuino on 630 meters? I would like to use it to check SWR etc. Anyone done this?

73
W0PT

Ashhar Farhan

I don't remember the source code too well. If you know your way around the Arduino, it would be simple fix to extend it below 1 Mhz.
- f

On Sat 2 Nov, 2019, 7:41 PM Steve Ratzlaff, <ratzlaffsteve@...> wrote:

Farhan, It won't tune below 1 MHz. You already know this, so why do you say this?

Steve AA7U

On 11/2/2019 3:24 AM, Ashhar Farhan wrote:
The mixer input is on the RF port. It might just about make it. Can someone see if thr swr holds with the dummy load when tuned down to 600 khz?

On Sat 2 Nov, 2019, 3:46 PM Bill VanKirk, <bvkirk@...> wrote:
Is it possible to use the Antuino on 630 meters? I would like to use it to check SWR etc. Anyone done this?

73
W0PT

MVS Sarma

However for analysing external signal of 600khz range , internal oscillator needs to be 25.6mhz, imho

Sarma vu3zmv

On Sat, 2 Nov 2019, 8:56 pm Ashhar Farhan, <farhanbox@...> wrote:
I don't remember the source code too well. If you know your way around the Arduino, it would be simple fix to extend it below 1 Mhz.
- f

On Sat 2 Nov, 2019, 7:41 PM Steve Ratzlaff, <ratzlaffsteve@...> wrote:

Farhan, It won't tune below 1 MHz. You already know this, so why do you say this?

Steve AA7U

On 11/2/2019 3:24 AM, Ashhar Farhan wrote:
The mixer input is on the RF port. It might just about make it. Can someone see if thr swr holds with the dummy load when tuned down to 600 khz?

On Sat 2 Nov, 2019, 3:46 PM Bill VanKirk, <bvkirk@...> wrote:
Is it possible to use the Antuino on 630 meters? I would like to use it to check SWR etc. Anyone done this?

73
W0PT

Andre Berwald

You Can tune below 1Mhz (with a bit of fuzzle)
Start at 14.000.000 tune to 14.476.000 than from 14 to 0 Mhz.
The decimal point notation of the frequency display than changes to 4.760.00!
Look on the frequency counter of my oscilloscope ( it says: 476.004 Khz)

André PA3EIV

Bob K1UTI

Bingo! that works. I had found that you could get it to work on 630m but hadn't figured out a reliable proceedure to put it there.
I see that the swr, pwr and sna seem to work as well. I used a 50 ohm resistor and the swr drops from 99:1 to 1:1.

Unfortunately, It only allows you to tune it in the upward direction after the initial frequency setting. Hopefully that will be fix by a software change.

Thanks for passing that along Andre' .

Bob (K1UTI)

MVS Sarma

Congrats Bob.

Little more details please.

regards
sarma vu3zmv

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 10:16 PM Bob K1UTI <k1uti.fl@...> wrote:
Bingo! that works. I had found that you could get it to work on 630m but hadn't figured out a reliable proceedure to put it there.
I see that the swr, pwr and sna seem to work as well. I used a 50 ohm resistor and the swr drops from 99:1 to 1:1.

Unfortunately, It only allows you to tune it in the upward direction after the initial frequency setting. Hopefully that will be fix by a software change.

Thanks for passing that along Andre' .

Bob (K1UTI)

Bob K1UTI

Thanks Sarma,

I think you might be asking for more detail about my comment "only allows you to tune it in the upward direction".  If you follow Andre' s (PA3EIV) post #209, the dial only allows you to tune upward in frequency. This is the same problem you get if you tune below 1 Mhz, were the display jumps to 429.xxx.xxx (the x's are random digits) at this point it will only let you tune down in frequency. Once you tune down below 400.xxx.xxx it jumps to 145.000.000 and all is back to normal and will allow you to tune in either direction again.

The Antunio is a great little tool and now that I know how to get it to work on 630m it's even better. I've got more testing to do when I get my 630m antenna back up now that the lighting / hurricane season here in Florida is pretty much over.

I have some pictures of my 630m station from last year on my website https://k1uti.wordpress.com/mf-lf-bands/

Bob

MVS Sarma

Thanks Bob. Iwill surely visit your link. All the best

Regards
Sarma vu3zmv