Re: New owner, and impressed!

Dave_G0WBX

Hi Raj.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

I'll take another look in the sources soon.  I've now got the Arduino
IDE installed, just have to find my way around it and learn what goes
where etc, before trying anything.   Then, to make sure I can reload the
existing firmware, *when* I mess things up!

I'll report back sometime, when the grey cell has recovered.

73 & thanks again.

Dave G8KBV

On 20/10/2019 12:00, Raj vu2zap wrote:
Hi Dave,

VSWR is from a look up table. I have not played with it.
It will be worth trying to invert the table and see what happens.
I thing its was around line 100 and there was a value of "1" where
it should have been 10 or 11.

It is possible to get better accuracy by using 1/5th of a db from
the A to D than using the Db scale. 1dB = 5 counts.

I say my test units are accurate only swr 1:1 to 1:2

Raj

At 19-10-19, you wrote:

* I've pulled the sources, but suspect that they may not be complete. I
was looking to see where the VSWR "curve" is plotted, to see if I could
flip it, so that 1:1 is at the bottom of the display, not the top (that
is the usual convention in instrumentation.)Â If just for ease of
viewing, as that's what I'm used to.

--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source software:

Join Antuino@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.