Topics

usb-hs not working #poll

ON3TVA

I Have recieve the mini1300 bur the usb-hs is not working, when i connect to the computer nothing happens, (test on 3 computers)
Device manager of windows nothing happens.
I see on the mainbord no jumpers. Not sure if there must be jumpers ore not.
can you help me to solve this problem

73 ON3TVA

Keith Lloyd <m0kll@...>

Hello Tony,
after reading your post I thought I would try the same.
Plug the USB cable into my PC within seconds my Mini 1300 Start up screen activates.Unplug this cable and the screen goes off.
My 64 Bit PC tells me no Device Drive was not successfully installed
My 32Bit Laptops tells me Downloading STM32 STLink then message says Driver is available.
From this point I don't know where to go or do....
Is your PC a 64 Operating System.
73
Keith
M0KLL

On Saturday, 27 June 2020, 13:27:37 BST, ON3TVA <linux210@...> wrote:

I Have recieve the mini1300 bur the usb-hs is not working, when i connect to the computer nothing happens, (test on 3 computers)
Device manager of windows nothing happens.
I see on the mainbord no jumpers. Not sure if there must be jumpers ore not.
can you help me to solve this problem

73 ON3TVA

ON3TVA

I think that the program side you refering to, you need the driver for that. after you install the driver you can upgrade the firmware
The port that i want is next to the ethernetport.

73 ON3TVA Tony

Edwin Houwertjes

USB hs port will only act as a USB memory stick after you chose the USB hs file transfer function on the analyzer.

Op za 27 jun. 2020 18:21 schreef ON3TVA <linux210@...>:

I think that the program side you refering to, you need the driver for that. after you install the driver you can upgrade the firmware
The port that i want is next to the ethernetport.

73 ON3TVA Tony

ON3TVA

Edited

Hello Edwin,

Wel its doing nothing on my device, thats is my problem. and i dont understand way.
i not can see or acces the memory card on the device.

Edwin Houwertjes

I probably is broken.

If you have it connected using a working cable and select USB hs reader, it should show up as an external usb drive on your computer.
There are no jumpers to set, the jumpers are just for selecting which power can power the discovery board,

Are you sure you have a good micro-USB cable?
Are you sure you use the USB-hs port? (The micro USb next the the RJ45 ethernet connector)

If that is the case, there probably is a defect on the discoveryboard.

Edwin

Op za 27 jun. 2020 om 20:08 schreef ON3TVA <linux210@...>:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hello Edwin,

Wel its doing nothing on my device, thats is my problem. and i dont understand way.
i not can see or acces the memory card on the device.

ON3TVA

Used 5 dif cables and yes next to the rj45
then i am in bad luck with the board
thx for the respons

73 ON3TVA  Tony

Jempi ( ON7MA )

Tony
micro usb close the RJ45, does nothing by me neither
Use the mini-usb close to the edge, most away from RJ45
You should see some light on the discovery board.. and a USB disk popping up

JP

Jempi ( ON7MA )

jumper is 2nd place from the green LED on the Discovery board

ON3TVA

Jempi,

If a use the other port also a light comes on but nothing happens.

73 Tony

Gyula Molnar

Have a nice day
The antenna analyzer uses the STM32F746NG Discovery board to make it easy to use with a few added parts.
Let's see what the STM32F746 can do: see using google.
Read the description of the Discovery board and you will realize that it is a universal card that is not just made for the analyzer. From the Discovery power supply, it appears that you do not know all of these at the same time, but must be selected with the power supply connection selector.
Let's see what the power supply selector has:
Five power supplies:
ST LINK / V2-1
USB FS connector
USB HS connector
VIN from the Arduino connector
External 5 V connector
So see and don't just look.

73, Gyula HA3HZ
--
*** you can read more info on my website (http://ha3hz.hu/)***

Jempi ( ON7MA )

Tony
you have to put a jumper on 2nd place to the black reset switch.. then some small green and red lights should come up , and the board is starting up
without this, it will not start
a Flash drive is popping up in the windows explorer then.
did you buy the mini-1300 from Ali, or other, complete, or did you buy a STM32746G board alone, like I did
Then i bought a analyzer board for it from Edwin, here under.
in fact I have also a Mini1300 and I behaves just the same, except for a Lipo Battery extension and board, with charging USB connector
JP

ON3TVA

I made some picutures of the inside
You not can put a jumper there because the power bord is with a jumper going inside
see picture
de mini1300 is from aliexpress

73 ON3TVA

ON3TVA

found the problem why the usb-hs is not working
Chip u15 thats the High-Speed USB PHY-ULPI is missing from this board

Yury Kuchura EU1KY

Hi ON3TVA,

Is USB FS PHY still available? If it is, you can build the original firmware from the latest sources (https://github.com/EU1KY/eu1ky_aa_v3), with redefined USE_USB_HS to USE_USB_FS (either in Makefile if you build from the command line, or in .ebp project file if you build with emBitz).
I've just added several missing lines to the code and verified that it works on USB FS port this way.

73! EU1KY

ON3TVA

Thx Yury

I am going to try that en let you now if works
But i see that on my board STM32F746NG the ic U15 is missing.

73 ON3TVA

ON3TVA

Hoi Yuri,

Still not working, i am pretty sure the problem on my set is the missing chip usb-h

thx Tony