Staying up all night and remembering retainer

Katie Robles

My 11 and 13 year old daughters like to stay up late together.  However my 13 year old has consistently been forgetting to put her retainer in before heading to bed.  I usually get them a snack, give her before bed medication and ask them to brush their teeth before I head to bed around 11pm (the younger kids wake up early no matter when they go to bed).  The 11 and 13 year olds sometimes want to eat later and so they don't want to brush their teeth but then forget after I'm already asleep.  I need help with ideas, especially to help my husband, as he's concerned about how much we spend on dental work and orthodontics.