Re: Virtue, vice, and mathematics

chris ester

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 12:17 AM, Lorna Laurie <lorna.laurie@...> wrote:

> [...]

Or more unpopular is to say that the system is there to support itself and it's institutional mandates and the students are incidental to the entire process.  One of the main reasons for me to choose homeschooling is because as a social worker I worked with the schools to help children but often the institutional mandate would overshadow the needs of the child.  The idea that a child could be better served by being left out of school and allowed to cope with the stuff of their lives with support could not be fathomed.

Chris