Re: reading

alpine starrmom

www.starfall.com is always fun for new readers.
Erin

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Mary Hickcox <disser420@...> wrote:

Hi all, My middle son (6 1/2) has just started asking to learn to read.
Any good ideas for making it fun? Any online suggestions? We are out of
the country so no bookstore type things are available. He really wants to
sit down and learn, not just talk about it slowly in passing (which we have
already done at his prompting so he is pretty familiar with words, letters,
etc), I think he wants to play school sort of but at the same time wants to
learn to actually read:) Any advice would be most appreciated.

Mary mama to Dylan (10), Colin (6) and Theo Benjamin (2)
"Be who you want your children to be." Unknown "Each morning we are
born again. What we do today is what matters most." Buddha

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails
of the last priest."
Denis Diderot