Re: breastfeeding was influence: neither bad or good

Robyn L. Coburn <dezigna@...>

When I was born my mother was told that I had a "lazy mouth" and was too lazy to nurse properly and would not get enough milk so she should give it up. She went through a whole lot of different formulae, all of which I apparently violently threw up. She ended up feeding me diluted Carnation milk.

However in following this discussion, I have come to the realization that the negative label "lazy" informed Mum's belief about me and my view of myself for my whole life! That is where it came from. I'm kinda reeling a bit, like my whole life just shifted and schismed for a moment - a sort of "OMG no wonder".

Robyn L. Coburn
www.Iggyjingles.etsy.com
www.iggyjingles.blogspot.com
www.allthingsdoll.blogspot.com