Re: TV

-=-The thing is, I
don't see tv going away, or the internet, so I don't see how limiting
it and calling it bad is going to make a whole lot of difference.
Once a child is 18, there is very little a parent can do about
keeping their kids from that stuff. It's better to learn to live
with our world and get along with it, than to deny it and call it
bad.-=-

People could live as the Amish do, refusing to have TV, automobiles,
phones...

Unless they hope to please God and save their souls by such
sacrifice, the value of it is really questionable. They don't really
shelter their children from the world so much as make them more
vulnerable to it when they do get out there.

TV and internet ARE of the world; they are part of the real world.