Re: tv watching

averyschmidt

I do think there is something about the electronic media
themselves. I love
television and movies and the computer, but I have too often
watched
something or stayed online past when I really wanted to and not
because what
was on the screen was more interesting than what other things
awaited me.

You continue to watch tv/stay online past the point that you want to
do so? If I have that right that's pretty interesting.
What was your tv situation like when you were growing up?
Did you have the freedom to watch as much as you wanted to?

This has never happened to me with a book. I will stay up way too
late to
finish a great book, but have no problem putting down a book that
is boring.

But you will still watch a tv show you find boring?

Patti, trying to understand