Re: tv watching

Fetteroll <fetteroll@...>

on 10/18/03 1:13 PM, SandraDodd@aol.com at SandraDodd@aol.com wrote:

Hard because you're hynotized by 600 black dots, or hard because it's
interesting?
I had problems as a child turning off a show -- even one that I recognized
at the time as pretty low brow like Lost In Space -- in the middle. I needed
to see how it would resolve. But that's engagement and closure.

I remember having a different attitude towards TV when I worked. We really
enjoyed watching reruns during dinner: MASH, Mary Tyler Moore, Cheers. They
were comforting and familiar and relaxing and it would have been fine if
they'd gone on all evening. Playing a game was too much effort.

But it wasn't addiction since I have no problems walking away from TV now.

Joyce