Re: television

Betsy <ecsamhill@...>

**Well, isn't this why I'm hear to broaden my views and opinions.
**

I think that's a wonderful reason to be here.

Some people find having their ideas critiqued to be pretty shocking. Occasionally people react as if their personal boundaries have been ambushed and violated. Almost as if someone had pulled down their pants and told them their underwear was ugly -- they seem that shocked and startled to hear a contrary opinion.

::: end bizarre analogy :::

(I'm talking only about the most extreme indignant reactions we have seen on unschooling lists. And I'm grossly overgeneralizing. I honestly don't mean any one particular person, so please don't think I mean any of you personally.)

Betsy