Always Learning AlwaysLearning@groups.io
NEW MEMBERS: Read at the Group Website link below before posting.
How and why does unschooling work? What kind of parents and parenting does it take? What will help, and what will hinder?
This is a list for the examination of the philosophy of unschooling and attentive parenting and a place for sharing examined lives based on the principles underlying unschooling.
Always Learning will focus on how people learn no matter where in the world they are, rather than on what's legal in any particular country or jurisdiction.
This is a moderated group, with trapdoors for the uncooperative. (Not moderated in the advance-approval way, but in the be-nice-to-play way. New members' posts are moderated, and it's good to read several dozen posts before jumping in.)
If you've never read any John Holt, his thoughts and writing are behind unschooling. There is a link on that page, too.
"I can honestly say that I've grown more as a person, parent and unschooler due to the discussions on this list than on any other list I've been on."
- 3,111 Members
- 12,912 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group that start a new topic require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]
- #theGroup Announcements or Metadiscussion 5 topics
- #partnership Be your child's partner, not his adversary. 3 topics
- #mainstream articles or info designed for the general public, or non-unschoolers trying to explain what unschooling is 2 topics
- #deschooling Detox, recovery, beginner's mind 2 topics
- #negativity 1 topics
- #connections 1 topics
- #announcements News or newness 1 topics
- #outcomes Unexpected benefits of unschooling; surprising successes 1 topics
- #sleep sleep, sleeping, bedtimes (arbitrary) 1 topics
- #spousePartner the other parent(s) 1 topics