A Most Intriguing Temptation - historical romance - excerpt rated PG - Kelli Wilkins - #romance #romance

K Wilkins

Hi everyone,

Here's an excerpt from my historical/fantasy romance, A Most Intriguing Temptation. This book is the second story in the Royal Desires trilogy that began with A Most Unusual Princess and ends with A Most Unfortunate Prince. Together, they make up a fun series, but each story stands alone as a separate read.

A Most Intriguing Temptation focuses on the theme of fidelity. Our headstrong Princess Elara wants to test Dalton’s loyalty, so she masquerades as a sultry kharim girl named Oonish in a pleasure palace. She teases and tempts Dalton at every turn and thinks her game is all in fun—until she gets in over her head and lands in big trouble.

***

Just in time for the Halloween season... Read about my horror novellas, paranormal romances, and new sci-fi anthology in my Autumn newsletter.

***

A Most Intriguing Temptation

After only four months of marriage to Princess Elara, Prince Dalton is sent to Emperor Salizar’s pleasure palace on business. Not wanting to be left behind, Elara risks her personal safety and sneaks along on the trip.

Aided by her mischievous brother, Prince Allan, she disguises herself as one of Salizar’s sultry kharim women and decides to test Dalton’s loyalty.

Masquerading as Oonish, Elara goes out of her way to tempt Dalton at every turn. Despite Dalton’s resolve to resist the indulgent girls, he finds himself falling under the spell of the mysterious Oonish.

After nearly giving in to temptation, Dalton discovers Elara’s trickery and turns the tables on her, making her into his submissive playmate. Their fun and games are quickly shattered when Emperor Salizar learns about Elara’s deception. He holds the royals prisoner and condemns Elara to a fate worse than death.

Can Dalton save Elara before it’s too late, or will her prank bring about the end of their love?

Note: Although this novel is part of a series, each book stands alone as an individual read.

Hear from a hero! Prince Dalton from A Most Intriguing Temptation shares his thoughts in this revealing character interview. https://dawnsreadingnook.blogspot.com/2018/04/guest-author-day-with-kelli-wilkins.html?zx=e7f5b3d942bb1098

The Excerpt:
Dalton rolled over in his sleep. He heard bells jingling again. What was Oonish doing now? He’d told her to stay in the outer room. He opened his eyes. Oonish trotted around the foot of the bed. The room was dim and shadowy. How long had he been asleep?

“Good, you’re awake, Your Highness. I would not want you to miss anything.”

“Miss what?” he grumbled and tried to sit up. As he did, he realized that his arms were bent over his head. His wrists were tied to the wrought-iron headboard with long pink scarves.

“What is the meaning of this?” He moved his legs and found that his ankles were bound as well. “I order you to untie me, now.”

“Nay, Your Highness. You must stay here and be pleasured. It is my duty,” Oonish said as she unhooked her belt. Her scarves and bells fell to the carpet, revealing her tiny covering.

He looked away. What was she going to do? “I wish for you to--”

“You wish for this,” she said, turning her back to him and wiggling her buttocks.

He swallowed hard. Whether he wanted to admit it or not, Oonish was enticing…

The Royal Desires series is available on Amazon & other platforms.

Order A Most Intriguing Temptation here:

All other platforms: https://books2read.com/u/47kkvj

Catch up on Book 1, A Most Unusual Princess, here:

All other platforms: https://books2read.com/u/me00L9

Order Book 3, A Most Unfortunate Prince
here:

All other platforms: https://books2read.com/u/3yPPM6