Re: Chapter 4 - Mycelial Minds

Jeffrey Taylor

Emoji

On Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 06:47:34 PM EST, Becky Lindroos <bekah0176@...> wrote:

My late husband used to grow marijuana for personal use. He had some big lovely plants.  When we moved from San Jose back to Porterville (1976) he harvested the one big plant he had left.  He dried it and packaged it up and that was that.  One day a couple months later he made some pot tea.  Okay fine. He put it in a mason jar and put that in the refrigerator - it was just for him anyway.

Well, either that very night or the next, I saw the jar in the fridge and thought to myself that it sure would make a nice batch of French onion soup -  (I thought it was chicken broth which I’ve regularly made myself since I was 20 or so.) -  Later that evening we were all sitting around the dining room table and I’m tasting the soup and thinking well, this is a little bland - lol!.  Tim asked what I’d used.  I started to tell him and the realization floated up into my mind -  "You dummy! You made pot soup!”

No one was impressed - .  I had to throw it all out (about 1 1/2 quarts). The kids didn’t like onion soup at it’s best and this wasn’t anything really - onion-pot soup (because tea for broth).

Becky