Re: Chapter 4 - Mycelial Minds

Jeffrey Taylor

Emoji

On Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 06:47:34 PM EST, Becky Lindroos <bekah0176@...> wrote:

My late husband used to grow marijuana for personal use. He had some big lovely plants.  When we moved from San Jose back to Porterville (1976) he harvested the one big plant he had left.  He dried it and packaged it up and that was that.  One day a couple months later he made some pot tea.  Okay fine. He put it in a mason jar and put that in the refrigerator - it was just for him anyway. 

Well, either that very night or the next, I saw the jar in the fridge and thought to myself that it sure would make a nice batch of French onion soup -  (I thought it was chicken broth which I’ve regularly made myself since I was 20 or so.) -  Later that evening we were all sitting around the dining room table and I’m tasting the soup and thinking well, this is a little bland - lol!.  Tim asked what I’d used.  I started to tell him and the realization floated up into my mind -  "You dummy! You made pot soup!”

No one was impressed - .  I had to throw it all out (about 1 1/2 quarts). The kids didn’t like onion soup at it’s best and this wasn’t anything really - onion-pot soup (because tea for broth). 

Becky

> On Nov 16, 2021, at 3:55 PM, Merilee Olson <merilee.olson@...> wrote:
>
>
> I’m with you on reality being fascinating enough, Magda.  Have never been interested in psychedelics.  I tried pot eons ago but like Bill Clinton(🤣) didn’t/ couldn’t inhale. Have never smoked cigarettes and except for tiny occasional sips of dark beer, don’t like alcohol.  Caffeine doesn’t agree with me (except in chocolate). Did eat a pot-filled oatmeal cookie once, and did NOT like the effects, which kicked in while I was driving…
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 7:08 AM Magda <fotka.kalinowska@...> wrote:
> I must say that I find consciousness and reality as is fascinating enough, so I don’t do drugs at all. I might be allergic to marijuana, as it a cousin of ragweed, and I found that out the hard way a couple of times as well, so I don’t do it either. 
> Actually, my older son ordered magic mushrooms once when he was still living with us, and we were to try them together - me watching him, and then vice versa.  We had them at home for a few years, he managed to move out and get married, and plans stayed plans :).  He reported trying them not so long ago, but I never did. 
>
> Magda
>
>> On Nov 15, 2021, at 9:09 AM, David Markham <davidgmarkham@...> wrote:
>>
>> 
>> The current practice and research is being done with "micro doses". It is different from days of yore when people took much larger doses and went on a "trip" for several hours.
>>
>> I have some clients who use micro doses like once a month and report it is a big help with their mood and cognitive organization. The problem now days is that the quality control for the drug ingested and strength is not available so one never knows for sure what is being ingested.
>>
>> I, myself, have never used them. I see no need.
>>
>> Here is a great presentation by James Fadiman about the question of micro dosing and what he calls "citizen science."
>>
>> David Markham
>>
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 2:55 AM Becky Lindroos <bekah0176@...> wrote:
>> Yes - I took LSD 2 times.  Long ago and far away.  My late hubby talked me in to it in 1969 (I think).  The second time was yukkie so I quit and I quit smoking pot, too.  Quite honestly I really never did like pot or any “drugs.”  I never did Psilocybin or mescaline/Peyote a hallucinogen that comes from a small cactus.
>>
>> Becky
>>
>> > On Nov 15, 2021, at 1:19 AM, Jeffrey Taylor via groups.io <jatta97=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > On Monday, November 15, 2021, 12:27:21 AM EST, Merilee Olson <merilee.olson@...> wrote:
>> >
>> >
>> > Scares me too much.
>> >
>> > On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 10:58 PM Becky Lindroos <bekah0176@...> wrote:
>> > Have you ever experimented with hallucinogens?  Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybin, LSD or ???) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen
>> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_McKenna
>> >
>> > Why? (Your friends were doing it,  spiritual experience,  it sounded fun, health reasons, part of a scientific study, other?)
>> >
>> > Any opinions on if they might be beneficial to individuals with problems?
>> >
>> > *******
>> > Terence McKenna  (and Ken Kesey and Timothy Leary and
>> >
>> > https://www.verywellmind.com/what-are-magic-mushrooms-22085
>> >
>> > Fwiw, psilocybin is classified as a Schedule I drug, meaning that it has a high potential for misuse and has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
>> > https://www.verywellmind.com/what-are-magic-mushrooms-22085
>> >
>> > Becky
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>

Join AllNonfiction@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.