Re: Whatcha been reading? Want to read?

Merilee Olson

Good for you!! I know I’m spreading myself too thin (though not getting thin in the process🤓)

On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 11:14 AM Becky Lindroos <bekah0176@...> wrote:
Yes, Merilee,  I read all 7.  I did this several years ago with a friend. We decided to read the whole thing at the rate of one volume a month.  We discussed each briefly as we went.  Then the next month we started the next volume. We both kept at it until we finished.  I’d love to have time to do it again but I think that was a once-in-a-lifetime thing for me. 

Becky

> On Aug 27, 2021, at 8:58 AM, Merilee Olson <merilee.olson@...> wrote:
>
> Have you read all 7 volumes of the Proust? I’m about 2/3 through vol 2, en français. Reading a tiny bit every night.
>
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 1:34 AM Becky Lindroos <bekah0176@...> wrote:
> I read that the Hiaasen back in November (that’s why I keep a blog).  A very funny book -
>
> My goodness you read long books!  I’ve read Proust and the Quammen looks interesting but … Enjoy!
>
> Becky
>
> > On Aug 26, 2021, at 11:30 PM, Merilee Olson <merilee.olson@...> wrote:
> >
> > Have read about 10% of Noise.
> > Started Nabokov’s Lectures in Russian Literature and Turgenev’s Fathers and Sons, both of which I’ve had for ages, and both of which are wonderful.
> > Still plowing theough David Quammen’s Song of the Dodo (gonna be a 10), Robert Sapolsky’s Behave, and John Barth’s Once Upon a Time. (And the Proust…slowly…).
> > For fun I’m reading Carl Hiaasen’s latest hilarious offering: Squeeze Me, which involves an 18’ Burmese Python, a thinly disguised Mar-a-Lago, and a group of rich elderly female Trumpites calling themselves the Potussies, short for Potus Pussies.
> > On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 9:39 PM Jeffrey Taylor via groups.io <jatta97=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
> > Since finishing the Humboldt I have been reviewing the Joseph Banks section of The Age of Wonder and am distressed by what I have forgotten.  I am considering Producing the Pacific Maps and Narratives of Spanish Exploration 1567 to 1606, Mercedes Maroto Camino (2005). This covers the three early voyages of Spanish Exploration.   
> >
> > On Thursday, August 26, 2021, 08:53:20 PM EDT, Becky Lindroos <bekah0176@...> wrote:
> >
> >
> > So what’s everyone been reading this month? What are you looking forward to reading?  Nonfiction of course but anything else good or anything we should avoid? 
> >
> > Becky
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Join AllNonfiction@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.