Re: Despair or hope?

Jeffrey Taylor

So if we cannot influence evolution and if Covid is reducing Thuglicans in high percentages of the population due to their Leader opposing inoculation, then it appears he may have done a really great service to mankind.  He truly is making America great again.

On Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:59:59 AM EDT, Becky Lindroos <bekah0176@...> wrote:

Good point,  Jim.  We’ve evolved to this point for reasons - usually for better survival I think probably.  I don’t know if we could remove things we’ve been evolved to do.  We didn’t evolve ourselves - we didn’t choose. (Lol)

We as a species might be able to choose to evolve spiritually (as David suggested) if we as a species focused on it. But the cooperation would have to be there already or the conspiracy-minded folks would get really upset.

Does free will increase if we choose hard things and do them - or are we born with a certain amount? Do we pass a spiritual attribute on to our children through the genes?  I personally think yes to all those.  But as long as the capitalist impulse is around I think it would get warped and/or be usurped.

Becky