Re: REL - Q7

Becky Lindroos

Northwood’s statues - a Viking and a farmer - our heroes.

Becky

On Jul 10, 2021, at 12:23 PM, Jeffrey Taylor via groups.io <jatta97@...> wrote:

Well, now that you mention it.  Even without the traitor label, Lynching's involve illegally taking, superseding, the the law.  While it is true Monuments cannot be described as activists they do stand for something.  They stand, frozen in time while social values may change.

On Friday, July 9, 2021, 09:19:09 PM EDT, Becky Lindroos <bekah0176@...> wrote:

Oops:

> On Jul 9, 2021, at 8:17 PM, Becky Lindroos <bekah0176@...> wrote:

> In almost all cases lynchings show superiority to the law. Monuments almost never do that.

If you believe that Confederate soldiers were traitors, then monuments to those traitors show someone thinks they’re above the law.