beat the nail on the head here with this question

Jake Vary <xvonline@...>

Today, what goes north and what goes south from the Sault up the line?

I know cut timber goes goes into the Sault...

thanks

joe joe

I think the last year , not much has moved aside from the odd cut of logs and the tour train resuming this year. CN really shafted all the logging operations along the line and gouged them to the point where it is unrealistic to work. I know of 3 operations at regent and Batchawana that stopped working last summer because CN refused to reasonably service them

On Jan 27, 2022, at 10:30 PM, Jake Vary <xvonline@...> wrote:

Today, what goes north and what goes south from the Sault up the line?

I know cut timber goes goes into the Sault...

thanks

Jake Vary <xvonline@...>

So sad.

Did you read this about Watco?

In Sault Ste. Marie, Watco is expected to do business as Agawa Canyon Railroad, merging the previous  brands: Algoma Central Railway and Agawa Canyon Tour train.

Agawa Canyon Railroad was granted a Transport Canada operating certificate last November to haul freight.

INTERESTING... glad... and sad too. They're bringing in their own 8 locomotives (or was it 6, I thought it was 8) + taking over the F40PH roster or is CN taking back the F40PH's? I making this up. I'll be curious if they'll be the black watco locos with just the new herald or since there's so much history to this railroad they'll do these 8 freight locos to match what the F40PH. So much speculation how fun!

https://www.northernontariobusiness.com/industry-news/transportation/us-short-line-rail-operator-to-close-acquisition-of-former-algoma-central-railway-this-week-4986231

joe joe

Well I work at Algoma steel and got to see up close that They brought up 4 sd40s earlier this year, all in Wisconsin southern colours. The new herald on the Hirail trucks looks good, they even put the bear in it. Fingers crossed they give the engines an ACR paint job.

On Jan 27, 2022, at 11:08 PM, Jake Vary <xvonline@...> wrote:

[...]

sooironrange

Did the canyon trains run last fall?  Hopefully by summer more people will be willing to visit and ride.

Russ N.

Chris VanderHeide

It ran for a few weeks for the fall colour season after being suspended due to the pandemic situation for the 2020 and most of the 2021 season. Plan is for it to come back next year with a brand new station by the old paper mill.