Topics

recent CDC guidelines

Michael Romanowski

These are the latest, March 8th CDC guidelines for vaccinated people.

Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People
Updated Mar. 8, 2021
Key Points
This is the first set of public health recommendations for fully vaccinated people. This guidance will be updated and expanded based on the level of community spread of SARS-CoV-2, the proportion of the population that is fully vaccinated, and the rapidly evolving science on COVID-19 vaccines.

For the purposes of this guidance, people are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 ≥2 weeks after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or ≥2 weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson (J&J)/Janssen ).†

The following recommendations apply to non-healthcare settings. For related information for healthcare settings, visit Updated Healthcare Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations in Response to COVID-19 Vaccination <https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/infection-control-after-vaccination.html>.

Fully vaccinated people can:

Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
Refrain from quarantine and testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic
As a researcher for Merck for 30 years and having helped develop two vaccines, These are the guidelines I trust now. My wife and I were vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine. Pfizer has tested their vaccine in many different scenarios. See the google the link below for more info:

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/real-world-evidence-confirms-high-effectiveness-pfizer
Michael Romanowski
Vice President
Upstate Model Railroaders
www.upstatemodelrailroaders.com
518-423-7519

On Mar 14, 2021, at 12:50 PM, Geoff Dunn via groups.io <geoffdunnsoccer=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Good to hear from those who responded. Stephen, I'm sorry to hear you got the bug, and are still dealing with after-effects, but glad you're on the mend. Best of luck with your recovery, and I hope it's quick.

I'm glad to hear people are staying active, not just binge-watching stuff. Rod's lighting and Matthew's 3-D printer are especially cool. I ordered some of the cars.

Unfortunately, even though many "pods" may be vaccinated soon, it will be months before the vaccine is available to everyone, including a mainstay of our train show audiences - children. The vaccine isn't even approved for anyone under 18 (16 for Pfizer?). And, as John Henry said, even vaccinated people can catch and pass on the virus, so masks will be necessary for six months or more. The vaccine does seem to provide 100% protection against death, so get it if you can. Sorry to sound like your mother!

Stay safe. Geoff