PCC show wrapup

Geoff Dunn

Brian, I, and Stephen from the Newburgh club set up a layout at the Polish Community Center today. The crowd might have been just a little smaller than pre-pandemic numbers, but there were still lots of kids watching things at eye level. We recognized some people from long-ago shows, but there were also excited kids who hadn't been born the last time this show was held! Trains ran well, with a couple of minor track issues and one intermittent power issue. We were out of the venue by 4:00. We had a space behind the layout where we could stay away from the crowds, and we spent most of our time at the layout, not shopping.

A few pictures will be put in the groups.io site photos folder soon.

There were flyers about some spring shows:
PCC show in Albany is 3/12/22;
Alco show in Amsterdam is 4/10/22
the NY Central Historical Society convention is at the former Desmond May 13 – 15, 2022, and there was talk about layouts at that. Nothing firm at all.

Geoff

nycrr8

When I was watching the weather on Channel 10 a couple of days ago, they had a short preview segment on the PCC Show, which they called "The Albany Train Show."  Most of the film was on the basement layout of one of the organizers, while they were promoting the train show.
Here's a link to the Channel 10 piece:
Albany Train Show: A Family Experience

| | |

| |
Albany Train Show: A Family Experience

Planes, trains and automobiles, it’s time to get the engines started. The Albany Train Show showcases the passio...

Glad you all had a good time.
John Henry

Geoff Dunn

John Henry, your link didn't come through. Channel 10 was filming during the show. I forgot to watch last night and I don't see anything on their web site today.

Geoff

On Sunday, November 21, 2021, 09:48:30 AM EST, nycrr8 via groups.io <nycrr8=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

When I was watching the weather on Channel 10 a couple of days ago, they had a short preview segment on the PCC Show, which they called "The Albany Train Show."  Most of the film was on the basement layout of one of the organizers, while they were promoting the train show.
Here's a link to the Channel 10 piece:
Albany Train Show: A Family Experience

|  |  |

|  |
Albany Train Show: A Family Experience

Planes, trains and automobiles, it’s time to get the engines started. The Albany Train Show showcases the passio...

Glad you all had a good time.
John Henry

Brian Hilgenberg

I watched at 11, and nothing about the show; there was no 6 broadcast because of football.
Brian