Fall Stuff

nuddffoeg <nuddffoeg@...>

Hi all. I've got several things to mention. This is redundant if
you're on the email list.

1. A reminder - the Poughkeepsie show is Sunday, November 11th. Mark
is the contact. He has not had a lot of responses - please let him
know soon if you want to put modules in that show. If more people
don't express interest, we may have to cancel our participation this
year.
2. Hobbytown display. We may be able to set up a few modules at
Hobbytown USA (in Colonie) again. Possible dates are SATURDAY,
November 10th, or SATURDAY, November 17th. The first date isn't good
for a few of us, and the second date is the day before the PCC show.
However, the layout will be linear, like last time, so it will be a
fairly simple setup. Any interest? Contact me or Doug.
3. PCC show - November 18th. I haven't contacted the organizer yet,
but after the HO guys blew him off last spring, we shouldn't have any
problem getting space in the main room. Although running trains in
the bar was lots of fun last fall, it apparently cost a lot to rent,
and won't be available again. Please let me know if you're
interested in participating.
4. GTE, at the Plaza in Albany - December 2. Setup on Saturday,
December 1. Let me know by Thanksgiving if you're interested.
5. Glens Falls show, December - probably a T-Trak layout - long way
away...
6. We should have a work session to finish the new club
corners. "When" will be problematic for the next few months.
7. I haven't heard from some of you in a long time. I'm going to
trim the mailing list, so if you haven't been active and you want to
stay on the list, let me know.
8. Doug's PC went to Hard Drive Heaven, so he's got no email or web
access at home until he gets a new computer. If you need to reach
him in the next few weeks, call him.

Call, write, fax, or email. Or use the Yahoo Groups board. Lube
your engines and clean your wheels - it's train-runnin' time again!

Geoff

Robert Gatland <rgatland@...>

Attention Geoff and other Show Coordinators.
I can't attend the Poughkeepsie show. I most likely can attend the Nov. 18 PCC if modules are needed. I should also be able to attend the Dec 2 GTE show. If you need both my 8' unit (bridge scene) and the 4' access lift bridge module, I will try to get somebody to help me transport one of them. I can also bring the gear for DCC, but I hesitate to set it up unless I know that that there be other members running on it.
You are welcome to bring T-TRAK modules to the Dec 9 show in Glens Falls. You can also bring your favorite DCC train to run on our N scale layout at the nearby club.
Bob Gatland

john valachovic

Hey guys,

Both days at Hobbytown are no joy for me, I'm working two weekends
straight for the auction house.

Count me in for the EGG at this point.

For the work sessions to work on the corners, I agree we need one, but
when seems to be the problem.

I'm working on a potential set up location, the Altamont library bought
the old D&H station in Altamont for the new home of the library. It is
currently empty, the library is conducting a fund drive to raise money
to rehab it. I am trying to get in contact with the library about
putting together a NTRAK layout in the building to have a open house
weekend to help them raise funds and to get us some exposure.

I'll keep you posted