Topics

Checking in - how is everyone?

Geoff Dunn

Hello everybody. Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I trust people are healthy, safe, and now some of you are getting the vaccine.

I've had one shot, have been working on three TTrak corners for most of the last year, and doing a little on my HO layout. Lots of other stuff is keeping me busy.

Let us know how things are going.

For those who belong to the NTrak national group, this is also a reminder about "ZoomTrak" this afternoon at 4:00.

Thank you for checking on us. I appreciate it. My wife and I have had both our doses. We are free to move about the country. LOL. I have not done too much on the TTrak large corners. The rest of the Upstate Model Railroaders TTrak modules are safe in a snowbound trailer on my property.
The Upstate Model Railroaders club has survived but with very reduced membership. We are down to 18 members. We will continue with some generous grants from two club members. The HO layout is now a reality, the N scale layout is working well. The fourth room, which was previously used for storage, has been cleared and will become a giant G scale layout. We will be open to the public starting in April with whatever protocols will be in place by then. Most of the members have been vaccinated.

Michael Romanowski
Vice President
Upstate Model Railroaders
518 423 7519

On Mar 13, 2021, at 7:50 AM, Geoff Dunn via groups.io <geoffdunnsoccer=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello everybody. Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I trust people are healthy, safe, and now some of you are getting the vaccine.

I've had one shot, have been working on three TTrak corners for most of the last year, and doing a little on my HO layout. Lots of other stuff is keeping me busy.

Let us know how things are going.

For those who belong to the NTrak national group, this is also a reminder about "ZoomTrak" this afternoon at 4:00.

Geoff

john valachovic

All good out here on the Albany County Frontier.   I have been steadily plugging along on the Raquette Lake Railway.   Work has been insane the past year and a half.  Work progresses at the sawmill.   This is the hardwood mill, it is a Basher and Sons laser cut mill from Ebay with modified HO sawmill details. Moving towards the scratchbuilding of the softwood mill too.  Walls are cut out and most of the openings on the gable end.  Stay safe everyone. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------From: "Geoff Dunn via groups.io" <geoffdunnsoccer=yahoo.com@groups.io> Date: 3/13/21 7:50 AM (GMT-05:00) To: AlbanyNTrak@groups.io Subject: [AlbanyNTrak] Checking in - how is everyone? Hello everybody.  Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.  I trust people are healthy, safe, and now some of you are getting the vaccine.I've had one shot, have been working on three TTrak corners for most of the last year, and doing a little on my HO  layout.  Lots of other stuff is keeping me busy.Let us know how things are going.For those who belong to the NTrak national group, this is also a reminder about "ZoomTrak" this afternoon at 4:00.Geoff

Stephen

Hi Geoff. Doing well now, but the last couple of months have been rough. Got the virus in mid December. Mild symptoms for a couple of days, no Meds prescribed by Dr. Two weeks out of quarantine I had a mild stroke and heart attack when the virus messed with my blood chemistries. BP, Glucose, Colesterol, White cell and Platelet counts all went haywire. had to go on blood thinners. Had to have stents inserted in my heart arteries. No residuals from the stroke. Have antibodies now but have to wait at least 90 days from original diagnosis to get the shots after next week. Tell your guys to watch out for after effects of the virus should they be unfortunate enough to get it.

Stephen Walsh
retsignalmtr@verizon.net