From: AlbanyNTrak@groups.io [mailto:AlbanyNTrak@groups.io] On Behalf Of Geoff Dunn via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2021 7:51 AM
To: AlbanyNTrak@groups.io
Subject: [AlbanyNTrak] Checking in - how is everyone?

Hello everybody. Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I trust people are healthy, safe, and now some of you are getting the vaccine.

I've had one shot, have been working on three TTrak corners for most of the last year, and doing a little on my HO layout. Lots of other stuff is keeping me busy.

Let us know how things are going.

For those who belong to the NTrak national group, this is also a reminder about "ZoomTrak" this afternoon at 4:00.

Geoff

nycrr8

Rod,

That is very cool. Are those cars with headlights all Woodland Scenics Just Plug or something else? I once came across lit cars where East Coast Circuits modified some Classic Metal Works Cars with lights installed. They were at Trainlife a year or two ago. (Out of stock there now.)

A long time ago (pre-Covid) I visited Trainlife/Exact Rail in Utah when I was there for an NMRA Convention. Besides their great stuff, they are known for being the location where one of Pelle Soeborg's Union Pacific layouts was set up after he dismantled it in Denmark and sent it to them in a shipping container. He did build it as a sectional layout as the subject of a Kalmbach book, and the workmanship is truly outstanding, as you would expect from layouts they publish.

Be well,

John Henry
.

Rod Mason

John Henry,

Here's the listing on Amazon where I got the cars: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DW4TRTY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Although the cars themselves are not Woodland Scenics Just Plug, I did wire the cars together in groups of 4 and used the Just Plug Lighting System (i.e. JP Connecting Cables cut in half, Expansion Hubs & Light Hubs w/dimmer control) to provide power and dimmer control. The QC & detail on the cars is not as good as Woodland Scenics (an average of 1 out of 12 cars in a batch was DOA) but at just $1.25/car it's a lot less expensive than WS cars that go for at almost 20 times that amount per vehicle (e.g. Woodland Scenics Just Plug Lighted Vehicle City Classic Car JP5612 is priced at $23.99 + $3.90 shipping + $2.23 tax on eBay).

[...]

Thanks for the info, Rod. That is a big cost savings. I am modelling en eralier era (1950-ish +/- 5 or so years) and unfortunately those cars look a little too modern for that. Still, it's great info. Thank you. John Henry