From: AlbanyNTrak@groups.io [mailto:AlbanyNTrak@groups.io] On Behalf Of Geoff Dunn via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2021 9:43 PM
To: AlbanyNTrak@groups.io
Subject: [AlbanyNTrak] Fall things

We should discuss some things.

1. Annual meeting. Does anyone object if we do this virtually? Elections were last year. There's not too much to go over, except payment for the Groups.IO site. Of course, it's nice to get together and talk when we're not trying to run trains and deal with the public.

1. a. Payment for Groups.IO site. History - once we used Yahoo Groups. That went away. We moved to Groups.IO. In order to copy files and historical photos and stuff from Yahoo to Groups.IO, we had to purchase the "premium plan". That was approved in 2019 and the move was completed. Last year, I looked into dropping the premium plan to go back to the free plan. If we did that, we would lose the files and photos sections, leaving only the messages. In 2020, my credit card was charged automatically, for $240. This leaves us with two items - is the group willing to pay me back for last year's charge, and do we want to pay the annual charge for the premium plan for 2021 and beyond? I find it useful enough to allocate the money. The club treasury is in good shape and can handle paying for this. When we charge $10 dues, and are reimbursed for various shows, we have more income than the plan would cost. What do people think?

2. Shows.

2. a. Schoharie Sept 18 - Brian indicated interest, but nobody else said anything. Last call?

b. Amsterdam / ALCo Sept 26 - see previous note. We need a layout coordinator and modules.

c. Glens Falls / Upstate Model Railroaders - Oct. 16 - their web site has a date but still says "keep checking this page for further information". Forest, Mike - any more info? We need a layout coordinator, which could be me, and people to bring T-Trak modules.

d. Poughkeepsie - Nov 7 - we need someone to coordinate the layout, and people to bring modules. This has been an N-Trak module layout for almost 30 years. Do we want to continue that?

e. Albany PCC - Nov 20 - the show coordinator says it's on, the PCC has it on their calendar, but the show's website hasn't been updated since 2020 and I don't know if the location improved the ventilation or if it will be as crowded as usual. We need a show coordinator and people to bring modules. Who's interested?

f. Albany GTE - Dec 5 - who's interested?

All shows are subject to cancellation due to COVID or other factors. Some shows are in facilities that likely have good airflow and some are not.

To recap, there are three things for members to respond to.

1. Virtual annual meeting or in person?

2. Pay for Groups.IO for last year and for the future?

3. Tell us what shows you're interested in participating in.

I hope you're all well. Geoff

Brian Hilgenberg

Geoff,In answer to your questions:

1. Virtual annual meeting or in person?  Either way is fine for me, though if we meet in person we should probably do it outside. (Picnic anyone?)

2. Pay for Groups.IO for last year and for the future?  I say pay for it. (I pay that much for my website!)

3. Tell us what shows you're interested in participating in.
Though I was looking forward to them all summer, I'm beginning to have doubts about sitting amidst a crowd for 6 or more hours.  I'm also pretty busy adding remote switches, signals and lights to my bend-track modules which I need to finish by November.
    a. Schoharie Sept 18  and b. Amsterdam Sept 26- If nobody else is going, I'd just as soon pass.

    c. Glens Falls / Upstate Model Railroaders - Oct. 16 ,not a crowded venue, so maybe.
    d. Poughkeepsie - Nov 7  Nope, Syracuse is that weekend.
    e. Albany PCC - Nov 20 Definitely, maybe.    f. Albany GTE - Dec 5 Again, definitely maybe especially if I have a booster shot by then.

Brian Hilgenberg

On Saturday, September 4, 2021, 09:43:27 PM EDT, Geoff Dunn via groups.io <geoffdunnsoccer=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

I hope you're all well.  Geoff

Mark Fleischhauer

Hi Geoff,
I will coordinate the Poughkeepsie show. I got the information a few days ago, but haven’t had time to send an email. It is Sunday, November 7, 10 to 3 at the Mid Hudson Civic Center.
Mark

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Saturday, September 4, 2021, 9:43 PM, Geoff Dunn via groups.io <geoffdunnsoccer=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Matt Rossman

Hey,

I am all for paying dues for this year to keep things going.

You know I’m old school in having N-trak modules and I can bring my 10’ and I have a few in the works for other arrangements if anyone have another end loop or wye.

I’m good for helping out with whatever, setting up modules or running trains.

I’m versed in Digitrax at this point too and can support digital operation.

Cheers,

Matt

On Sep 4, 2021, at 9:43 PM, Geoff Dunn via groups.io <geoffdunnsoccer=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Geoff Dunn