From: AlbanyNTRAK@... [mailto:AlbanyNTRAK@...]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019 8:22 AM
To: AlbanyNTRAK@...
Subject: [AlbanyNTRAK] PCC show March 9th

Hello, fellow residents of the Great White North.  Spring is coming, and with it the PCC train show, on Saturday, March 9th.  We'll do another T-Trak layout, with four tables.

Please let me know over the next week or so if you're interested in bringing modules.

Thanks.  Geoff

Michael Romanowski

Forest and I could bring corners and the yard. We repaired his 2 foot snow scene  and the yard switch tracks.
Thank you Rod for your work on the polarity issue. There was a significant polarity issue with the TTRAK layout at Springfield, over one third of the layout was inoperable. The TTRAK standard for wiring is blue white white blue.  Some older TTRAK clubs used blue white blue white.

Geoff I also suggest hooking up the red line normally to the DCC and reversing the yellow line. this way all crossovers  will work without a short.

Michael Romanowski
Vice President
Upstate Model Railroaders
www.upstatemodelrailroaders.com
518-423-7519

On Feb 15, 2019, at 9:08 AM, 'Roderick W. Mason' rmason1@... [AlbanyNTRAK] <AlbanyNTRAK@...> wrote:

Geoff,

I could bring the same 12 modules that I brought to last year’s fall PCC show (i.e. 6 singles, 5 doubles & 1 outside corner). I’ve been doing a lot of work on all my modules including correcting the polarity issue that caused problems on the red line at the fall PCC show and at GTE.

Rod

Hello, fellow residents of the Great White North.  Spring is coming, and with it the PCC train show, on Saturday, March 9th.  We'll do another T-Trak layout, with four tables.

Please let me know over the next week or so if you're interested in bringing modules.

Thanks.  Geoff

Michael Richards

Geoff,
I will bring my usual (2) double modules.

Mike Richards

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 8:34 AM geoffdunnsoccer@... [AlbanyNTRAK] <AlbanyNTRAK@...> wrote:

Hello, fellow residents of the Great White North.  Spring is coming, and with it the PCC train show, on Saturday, March 9th.  We'll do another T-Trak layout, with four tables.

Please let me know over the next week or so if you're interested in bringing modules.

Thanks.  Geoff

Geoff Dunn

Ok Rod.  No inside corner?

Geoff

---In AlbanyNTRAK@..., <rmason1@...> wrote :

Geoff,

I could bring the same 12 modules that I brought to last year’s fall PCC show (i.e. 6 singles, 5 doubles & 1 outside corner). I’ve been doing a lot of work on all my modules including correcting the polarity issue that caused problems on the red line at the fall PCC show and at GTE.

Rod

Hello, fellow residents of the Great White North.  Spring is coming, and with it the PCC train show, on Saturday, March 9th.  We'll do another T-Trak layout, with four tables.

Please let me know over the next week or so if you're interested in bringing modules.

Thanks.  Geoff

Geoff Dunn

Ok Mike.  The cables we use for our layouts are set up to switch the polarity so the crossovers can be used.

Geoff

---In AlbanyNTRAK@..., <mmroman@...> wrote :

[...]

Thanks Mike.  Do they have to go together?

Geoff

---In AlbanyNTRAK@..., <mrichar707@...> wrote :

Geoff,
I will bring my usual (2) double modules.

Mike Richards

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 8:34 AM geoffdunnsoccer@... [AlbanyNTRAK] <AlbanyNTRAK@...> wrote:

Hello, fellow residents of the Great White North.  Spring is coming, and with it the PCC train show, on Saturday, March 9th.  We'll do another T-Trak layout, with four tables.

Please let me know over the next week or so if you're interested in bringing modules.

Thanks.  Geoff

Michael Richards

No Geoff, they do not have to be set up together.

Mike

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 10:39 AM geoffdunnsoccer@... [AlbanyNTRAK] <AlbanyNTRAK@...> wrote:

Thanks Mike.  Do they have to go together?

Geoff

---In AlbanyNTRAK@...,
Geoff,
I will bring my usual (2) double modules.

Mike Richards

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 8:34 AM geoffdunnsoccer@... [AlbanyNTRAK] <AlbanyNTRAK@...> wrote:

Hello, fellow residents of the Great White North.  Spring is coming, and with it the PCC train show, on Saturday, March 9th.  We'll do another T-Trak layout, with four tables.

Please let me know over the next week or so if you're interested in bringing modules.

Thanks.  Geoff

Rod Mason

Geoff,

I can bring my inside corner with the drive-in movie scene if Forrest is not bringing his.  However, if I do bring it, that will probably mean that I won’t be bringing 4 of the singles and 1 of the doubles unless you really need some of them to fill gaps.

Rod

I could bring the same 12 modules that I brought to last year’s fall PCC show (i.e. 6 singles, 5 doubles & 1 outside corner). I’ve been doing a lot of work on all my modules including correcting the polarity issue that caused problems on the red line at the fall PCC show and at GTE.

Rod

Hello, fellow residents of the Great White North.  Spring is coming, and with it the PCC train show, on Saturday, March 9th.  We'll do another T-Trak layout, with four tables.

Please let me know over the next week or so if you're interested in bringing modules.

Thanks.  Geoff

Geoff Dunn

Ok, we'll see how things go as people sign up.

[...]

Brian Hilgenberg

March 9th is my first rest day, and I've taken the Friday before as a personal day.  However, to avoid problems, I won't be bringing my modules unless I get the DCC connections attached.  I'm reading posts about reversing polarity, so I need to know which wire to solder to which rail.

The Kato connections are the official connectors for T-Trak.  They are not specifically for DCC.  I can bring functioning modules to your house sometime if you want to verify your installation, or if you want help installing the Kato connectors.

Geoff

---In AlbanyNTRAK@..., <ontario_and_erie@...> wrote :

March 9th is my first rest day, and I've taken the Friday before as a personal day.  However, to avoid problems, I won't be bringing my modules unless I get the DCC connections attached.  I'm reading posts about reversing polarity, so I need to know which wire to solder to which rail.

Brian Hilgenberg

lacasse

I will be out of town on the weekend of March 9th, so I will not be available for the PCC show. I will be able  to bring modules to the Amsterdam show in April, Mike L.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10