Greetings.

Matthew

Hey guys,

It's Matthew. I know I've been out of the loop for a while.

The good news is, my kids are finally old enough where they are starting to really enjoy N-scale. (They can even flip Kato switches on command!).

The bad news is that I moved pretty far away. (I'm down in Westchester now.)  Hopefully, in the future, I'll be able to make it back up to the Albany area a few times a year but I don't think I'll be as active as I'd like to be anytime soon.

The ugly news is that I don't have much free time at all with two toddlers but I was considering legitimately starting a TTrak empire as my home layout and long term project.

I'd love some advice on the TTrak layout that I'm contemplating but think I'll put that in a later email. My current idea is four triples and two end loops (making a six module loop).

It sounds like you guys are doing well and I look forward to a day when I can get out of the house a bit more.

Until then, I'll have to just follow the treads and look at the Facebook updates. And work on my TTrak planning.

Take care and keep up the great work,
Matthew

Good to hear from you, Matthew.

Not to discourage you from joining up with us, but another option for you may be the Olde Newburgh club, which does a few T-Trak shows a year, a little closer to Westchester.

Have fun with the kids!

Geoff

---In AlbanyNTRAK@..., <MattfromNYC@...> wrote :

[...]

Stephen

Matt. My name is Stephen. I am with the Olde Newburgh Model RR Club. We are located in the Town of Walden, Orange County, NY. I live in Yorktown Heights Westchester County, NY. We have an N gauge layout at the club as well as a T-Trak layout. I have displayed some of out modules in shows with the Albany N Trak guys. If you are interested we would like to have you visit with us. We're an HO, N, and sometimes O club. We meet every Wednesday evening from 6 pm to 9 pm in the VFW building 4-8 Oak St, in Walden NY. It's about a 45 minute trip for me. Hope to see you.

Stephen Walsh
retsignalmtr@...

[...]

Doug Dederick

Hey  Good to hear from you Matt. I wish you all the best and it has been a pleasure to share some “ training “ with you. Understandable you have other obligations and things have changed for you. As I have said parenting is a full time job ! Hopefully some day we will have a change to hang out again. All the Best Doug

On Mar 29, 2017, at 7:30 PM, Matthew MattfromNYC@... [AlbanyNTRAK] <AlbanyNTRAK@...> wrote:

[...]

nycrr8

Nice to hear from you, Matt.  Congrats on the kiddos, and sorry you have moved away.  Did you give up the house in Milan?  I agree with Doug about parenting being more than full time work.  I used to have more time for modelling before our child was born.  Then there was a "sweet spot" between toddler-hood and adolescence where she would/could come to some shows with me.  Although she usually couldn't last the whole time when I did have a module in the show many years ago.  While we would hate to see you go, you might also check the Metro North Division of the NMRA.  THey might have more info as to whether there are any cluds right in Westchester (or Putnam).  Steve might also know, since he lives in Westchester in Yorktown Heights.

Good luck and we hope to see you again.

Cheers,

"John Henry"

..... somewhere along the Water Level Route of the New York Central