Amsterdam show

john valachovic

Mike R. Replied hey run trains, Mike L. Is reputed to be attending,  haven't heard from anyone else.  Perhaps this show should be a T track show???

-------- Original message --------
From: "geoffdunnsoccer@... [AlbanyNTRAK]" <AlbanyNTRAK@...>
Date: 03/24/2016 8:02 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: AlbanyNTRAK@...
Subject: [AlbanyNTRAK] DCC system

We had a problem with the DCC system at the Polish Community Center last Saturday.  Eventually it started working, and then worked consistently the rest of the day.  I wish to report that I tightened up a few screws, powered it up, and everything works fine now.  I don't know what caused the problem at the show.

I also cleaned out the DCC system box, partly to make room for the two new throttles we purchased.  I took out the club wireless router (we always use Rod's, when he brings his laptop and JMRI setup), a few items related to making Loco-Net wires (we never do that at shows - we don't have a crimper or wire in the box), and the extra alligator clip cable for a RRampMeter.  Yes, we have an extra.  Or it belongs to someone.  Anybody missing one?

I'll be attending with my two modules.

Dave

[...]

Geoff

Rod Mason

I plan on attending with my one module along with my JMRI setup.  I can also do TTrak with the same modules that I brought to the PCC show last Saturday if that's what decided.

Rod

[...]

Robert Gatland <rgatland@...>

I can’t go to the Amsterdam show.
Bob G.

lacasse

I do plan to attend, I can bring either 10’ or 20’ of yard or corners. If we decide to do T-Trak I could supply modules as well but not both, Mike L.

Sent: Friday, March 25, 2016 9:22 PM
Subject: [AlbanyNTRAK] Amsterdam show

[...]

So where we are is we need a coordinator for the show. That person needs to decide what the layout is going to be.

Sent: Friday, March 25, 2016 9:22 PM

[...]

I have told John this.  I will be setting up with the Free-mo group.  But I reserved space for Albany NTrak, as requested.  I will bring the Albany NTrak DC and DCC setups, and the duckunder module.  I could fit my 3' minimal corners in the car as well, if needed.  But others will have to take care of setting these up.

Geoff

lacasse

Will we have enough modules to do an N-Trak layout? I can bring a 4’ and a 3’ corner, but if I do I am not sure I can fit any of the yard. If I bring two corners can someone else bring two more corners to make a complete layout? Or should we go ahead and plan a T=Trak layout. If we go T-Trak then we need to let Matt know we will need tables. I have a couple 6’ I can bring. Mike L.

Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2016 3:22 PM

I have told John this.  I will be setting up with the Free-mo group.  But I reserved space for Albany NTrak, as requested.  I will bring the Albany NTrak DC and DCC setups, and the duckunder module.  I could fit my 3' minimal corners in the car as well, if needed.  But others will have to take care of setting these up.

To answer Mike's question about having a layout - my memory says Dave is bringing 8', Rod is bringing 4', and the duckunder will be there.  If Mike L brings his corners (and the cube), and someone gets the 2' corners from Brian, OR Mike R. brings Ed's 3' corners, OR I bring my 3' corners, then yes, there are enough modules for a layout.  Some temporary legs might be needed because some of the corners only have one leg and the duckunder has none.  But a 7' X 15' layout with a very narrow pit could be set up with the modules that people have committed so far.  If Mike brings 10' of yard, it could be bigger and wider.

I had only planned to be there for a couple of hours with my grandson. Eds corners are very heavy. We have asked him for permission to redo them to make them lighter but he has refused.

On Mar 28, 2016, at 7:43 AM, geoffdunnsoccer@... [AlbanyNTRAK] <AlbanyNTRAK@...> wrote:

To answer Mike's question about having a layout - my memory says Dave is bringing 8', Rod is bringing 4', and the duckunder will be there.  If Mike L brings his corners (and the cube), and someone gets the 2' corners from Brian, OR Mike R. brings Ed's 3' corners, OR I bring my 3' corners, then yes, there are enough modules for a layout.  Some temporary legs might be needed because some of the corners only have one leg and the duckunder has none.  But a 7' X 15' layout with a very narrow pit could be set up with the modules that people have committed so far.  If Mike brings 10' of yard, it could be bigger and wider.

Correct, I would be bringing my 8' of N Trak switching modules. It'll be more good practice for the September NE NMRA event.

I'm really not interested in bringing T Trak modules.

Dave

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 7:43 AM, geoffdunnsoccer@... [AlbanyNTRAK] <AlbanyNTRAK@...> wrote:

To answer Mike's question about having a layout - my memory says Dave is bringing 8', Rod is bringing 4', and the duckunder will be there.  If Mike L brings his corners (and the cube), and someone gets the 2' corners from Brian, OR Mike R. brings Ed's 3' corners, OR I bring my 3' corners, then yes, there are enough modules for a layout.  Some temporary legs might be needed because some of the corners only have one leg and the duckunder has none.  But a 7' X 15' layout with a very narrow pit could be set up with the modules that people have committed so far.  If Mike brings 10' of yard, it could be bigger and wider.

Rod Mason

As I indicated in my message from last Saturday, I will be bringing my 4' module.  Like Dave, I'm really not interested in doing a TTrak setup, especially if we have to provide our own tables.

Rod

On Mar 28, 2016, at 7:43 AM, geoffdunnsoccer@... [AlbanyNTRAK] <AlbanyNTRAK@...> wrote:

To answer Mike's question about having a layout - my memory says Dave is bringing 8', Rod is bringing 4', and the duckunder will be there.  If Mike L brings his corners (and the cube), and someone gets the 2' corners from Brian, OR Mike R. brings Ed's 3' corners, OR I bring my 3' corners, then yes, there are enough modules for a layout.  Some temporary legs might be needed because some of the corners only have one leg and the duckunder has none.  But a 7' X 15' layout with a very narrow pit could be set up with the modules that people have committed so far.  If Mike brings 10' of yard, it could be bigger and wider.

Geoff

lacasse

Ok, With your 12’ of modules and the duckunder from Geoff and my two corners and cube, we are almost there in assembling an N-Trak layout. Any suggestions for the the two corners we will need? And is anyone else planning to bring modules?  Mike

Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 5:03 AM

[...]

Doug Dederick

I am not coming but I have one of the 3 ft club corners if someone wants take it.