PCC show wrapup

Geoff Dunn

Brian, I, and Stephen from the Newburgh club set up a layout at the Polish Community Center today. The crowd might have been just a little smaller than pre-pandemic numbers, but there were still lots of kids watching things at eye level. We recognized some people from long-ago shows, but there were also excited kids who hadn't been born the last time this show was held! Trains ran well, with a couple of minor track issues and one intermittent power issue. We were out of the venue by 4:00. We had a space behind the layout where we could stay away from the crowds, and we spent most of our time at the layout, not shopping.

A few pictures will be put in the groups.io site photos folder soon.

There were flyers about some spring shows:
PCC show in Albany is 3/12/22;
Alco show in Amsterdam is 4/10/22
the NY Central Historical Society convention is at the former Desmond May 13 – 15, 2022, and there was talk about layouts at that. Nothing firm at all.