Re: DCC recommendations

john valachovic

Three letters NCESent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------From: Matt Rossman <sweakyboot@gmail.com> Date: 10/31/20 10:14 AM (GMT-05:00) To: AlbanyNTrak@groups.io Subject: [AlbanyNTrak] DCC recommendations Hi all,I’m finally looking at getting into DCC, it only took 10+ years to finally decide to do it.I’m looking for recommendations and guidance on what everyone uses and some advice on selection.I’m partial to digitrax as that what everyone seemed to have when it got popular, and I’ve found the advanced starter set they make now appealing.https://www.digitrax.com/products/starter-sets/evox/Ive also been looking at getting one of the new Kato sets, the CN transcontinental set, and I was wondering if the ESU Loksound DCC system also controls the engine or if it’s just the sound portion of it, and if I would have to add to it. I’m assuming that it would be compatible with any major DCC setup that I would choose.I’ve done a little bit of reading up on some of this stuff, but articles only get you so far.-Matt