From: geoffdunnsoccer@... [AlbanyNTRAK]
To: AlbanyNTRAK
Sent: Fri, Oct 18, 2019 9:45 am
Subject: [AlbanyNTRAK] Facebook as a replacement for Yahoo

Facebook does not provide the same functionality as Yahoo groups.  My experience is that it is much harder to search for past messages.  The photo section may be similar, but I don't see a way to post documents.  If you're not a Facebook member, you get constant messages to join or login.  I'm not aware of a way to get an email when postings are made to the page.

I have a particular distrust of Facebook, based on past experiences (it wanted me to "friend" a bunch of young teenage girls several years ago, among other issues), and there's the whole 2016 election thing, and all the privacy issues that have been in the news over the last decade).

I don't think Facebook is a suitable alternative.  Groups.io is similar in many ways to Yahoo groups (but it runs more reliably!) and would be a better option.