Re: Backup DCC system

Mark Fleischhauer

Geoff,

Unfortunately I don’t know enough about Digitrax to feel comfortable expressing an opinion.

Mark

On Jan 30, 2019, at 2:08 PM, geoffdunnsoccer@... [AlbanyNTRAK] <AlbanyNTRAK@...> wrote:

Only Mike has commented so far.  Does anyone else have a thought on the DCC setup being offered?

Geoff

---In AlbanyNTRAK@..., wrote :

The DB150 is the Empire Builder system. That is now two generations from the newest system. Digitrax has labeled both that system and the super chief as “retired products “

Michael Romanowski
Vice President
Upstate Model Railroaders
528 423 7519

On Jan 28, 2019, at 11:49 PM, Michael Romanowski mmroman@... [AlbanyNTRAK] <AlbanyNTRAK@...> wrote:

You could get a brand new Digitrax system for 527.00

Digitrax EVOD Evolution Advanced 5/8 Amp Duplex Starter Set

Michael Romanowski
Vice President
Upstate Model Railroaders
528 423 7519

On Jan 28, 2019, at 8:38 PM, geoffdunnsoccer@... [AlbanyNTRAK] <AlbanyNTRAK@...> wrote:

We have talked in the past about purchasing a backup DCC system.  One of our former members, Carl Graves, has some lightly used equipment he'd like to sell.  This includes two DB-150 units, a throttle, and a radio transmitter.  The transmitter may be a UR-91.  I didn't ask what the throttle was but Carl says it came with one of the DB-150s, so it's probably one of the DT-400? models.

The asking price is around $400.  I'm no Digitrax expert.  What do members think about a purchase like this?