Re: DCC questions and a couple nominations

nycrr8

John,

I would consider replacing the double crossover with a pair of single crossovers.  While I am sure that it can be done with the double crossover, the double is not needed for prototypical representation, nor for space saving, since you appear to have lots of space.  The wiring, gapping, live frog, etc. stuff for DCC would be more straight forward with a pair of singles than with a pair of doubles.  Also the risk of wheels shorting would be reduced.  You would need an Auto Reverser (or two), but there are others in the club who are more expert in how to wire that than I am.

Regards,

"John Henry"