The Foynes and Botwood Logs by Peter Berry

michael west

Hallo (first post!)....I'm trying to access the above self published title, is it available anywhere? My interests are on the aero side of aerophilately and in the 1930s/WWII/1940s/1950s period....Mick (M D West,in the UK)

GreyOldDave

Your attachment of the Foynes and Botwood Log by Peter Berry did not come through for some reason. I first found that book at the Foynes Flying Boat Museum in Foynes Ireland and it was only a xerox copy. I think that is the way it was originally distributed and that is the only copy that I ever found in the wild. Peter Berry gave me permission by email to give a copy to the American Philatelic Research Library and they have that copy.
I took that data as well as the PAA Trip Summaries that I found at U.Miami and put them into a book.This included virtually all the PAA commercial flying boat trips around the Atlantic from 1939 to 1945 You will find that book as
by David Crotty at Amazon.com. Also, now that you are a member of the Aerophilatelic group you can go to the Files of this location and find the "trip summaries" and a number of other documents related to the era. Let me know if that works for you. If you happen to have more documents that would add to our collection feel free to add to it.

David Crotty

To: aerophilately@...
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2016 5:35 AM
Subject: [aerophilately] The Foynes and Botwood Logs by Peter Berry

Hallo (first post!)....I'm trying to access the above self published title, is it available anywhere? My interests are on the aero side of aerophilately and in the 1930s/WWII/1940s/1950s period....Mick (M D West,in the UK)

fam14 tvcconnect.net

Suggest you contact the BAMS library.  John Johnson

Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2016 5:35:29 AM

Gary Loew

Hi, John —

I'm not familiar with the designation BAMS. Whose library is that?

Gary

Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2016 9:34 AM
Subject: Re: [aerophilately] The Foynes and Botwood Logs by Peter Berry

fam14 tvcconnect.net

British Air Mail Society, Librarian:  Barbara Priddy, email:  bmkpriddy@.... 

Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2016 9:40:37 AM
Subject: RE: [aerophilately] The Foynes and Botwood Logs by Peter Berry

Hi, John —

I'm not familiar with the designation BAMS. Whose library is that?

Gary

Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2016 9:34 AM

Ken

It might be available at the Foynes Flying Boat Museum in Foynes.  Contact Margaret  O'Shaughnessy  at margaret@...

Regards,

Ken Sanford

michael west

Thanks David (and Gary, John and Ken)... I've now managed to get access to the data in Peter Berry's self published project....I'll put the Pan Am book on the forthcoming birthday hints list!   M West

fam14 tvcconnect.net

Re:  THE FOYNES AND BOTWOOD LOGS, complied by Peter Berry, dated 15 Mar 2005.  81 pages.  It may be available from Vera Trinda, London, UK.  John Johnson

Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2016 9:08:20 AM

Thanks David (and Gary, John and Ken)... I've now managed to get access to the data in Peter Berry's self published project....I'll put the Pan Am book on the forthcoming birthday hints list!   M West

michael west

_Thanks.... There have been massive changes in the Vera Trinder business, London shop is closed, the business is now mail order only I believe from an address in West Cornwall and now trading as Prinz Vera Trinder...so haven't been able to access a book list from them...
M D West___
Sent: 21 August 2016 14:11
To: aerophilately@yahoogroups.com

Re: THE FOYNES AND BOTWOOD LOGS, complied by Peter Berry, dated 15 Mar 2005. 81 pages. It may be available from Vera Trinda, London, UK. John Johnson

Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2016 9:08:20 AM

Thanks David (and Gary, John and Ken)... I've now managed to get access to the data in Peter Berry's self published project....I'll put the Pan Am book on the forthcoming birthday hints list! M West

Ken

Their website is at: http://www.prinz.co.uk/

and they don't have this book.

Regards,

Ken Sanford