Research Assistance Needed - Looking for Doolittle 1932 West Point Cover

GreyOldDave

This nonmember is asking for info about this Doolittle cover. Please contact this person directly if you can assist.

David Crotty

On Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 09:02:39 PM EST, <joyce062274@...> wrote:

I’m looking for some research help.

I’m writing an in-depth history of the Post Office at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, NY.  This is a follow-up to a book I recently published, “Postmarked West Point: A US Postal History of West Point and its Graduates” (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SFZCVST?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860).

In 1932, when Jimmy Doolittle made his George Washington Bicentennial Airplane Flight, one of the places he flew over and dropped mail was West Point.  I’m hoping to find a cover similar to the one described in the attachment to this message, but postmarked West Point.

I don’t need the cover, just good photos of the front and back. I’ll be happy to give credit to anyone who can provide such photos in the event that I am able to publish my article.

Is it possible to survey your members to find out if anyone has such a cover?

Jay Joyce

West Point Class of 1974

Cincinnati, OH

Ph: 513-923-0430