Latecoere Lt de Vaisseau Paris F-NORD

GreyOldDave

From my reading of Berry's book there were several trips by two different Late 521s
The F-NORD flew to and from Foynes and Biscarrosse on 15/7/28
The F-ARAP flew to and from Foynes and Biscarrosse on 6/6/39
The F-ARAP flew to and from Ft. Washington to Botwood to Biscarrosse on 3/8/39
The F-NORD flew from Ft. Washington to Botwood to Biscarrosse on 27/8/39

This book would not record a direct flight from NY to Biscarrosse.

I an certain that this is not all there is to these trips.

David Crotty

From: "Ken Sanford kaerophil@... [aerophilately]"
To: "aerophilately@..."
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 3:10 PM
Subject: Re: [aerophilately] Re: Latecoere Lt de Vaisseau Paris F-NORD

According to the book "The History of Air Cargo & Airmail" by Camille Allaz, the Late 521 flew non-stop from Port Washington to Biscarosse in 28 hours, 27 minutes.

I cannot find any record of it stopping in Newfoundland.

Regards,

Ken Sanford

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 2:46 PM, mdw44@... [aerophilately] <aerophilately@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from mdw44@... [aerophilately] included below]
Wikipedia says the Late 521 flew direct from Port Washington (Pan Am's pre-war New York base) to Biscarosse, but Peter Berry's Botwood, Newfoundland log has it listed  on 27August 1939 (so did it pick up fuel there?)  M West