Topics

How can this be real?

Curt Heckert

I'll say it's rare. A 1935 cover with a stamp not issued until 1951?

ebay item: 251295261207

Curt

Ken

Why would someone fake such a cover?  It would not be valuable.

Ken Sanford

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 9:33 AM, curtcoach <curtheckert@...> wrote:

I'll say it's rare. A 1935 cover with a stamp not issued until 1951?

ebay item: 251295261207

Curt

GreyOldDave

My guess it was for grins and giggles. These stamps to tend to fall off leaving pretty much the yellow color we see around that stamp on the paper. Then the wavy lines here were used exactly like this for decades. Somebody with a big pile of stamps found one that fit the empty spot. What a hoot.

David Crotty

Why would someone fake such a cover?  It would not be valuable.

Ken Sanford

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 9:33 AM, curtcoach <curtheckert@...> wrote:

I'll say it's rare. A 1935 cover with a stamp not issued until 1951?

ebay item: 251295261207

Curt

Carlos Gustavo Cotlier

My question is:
Why somebody can waste his time to find a stamp that fix more or less to the original postmark to make this????
A cover of 1935 with a stamp from 1951!!
I never saw someting like this!
Regards  to all.
Carlos Cotlier.