Topics

Historical Covers

Susan

Just wondered what the year span is for Historical Covers.

Thank You

Susan M Postmus

Ken

What kind of covers?

KenSanford

On Sunday, October 29, 2017, smpostmus@... [aerophilately] <aerophilately@...> wrote:

Just wondered what the year span is for Historical Covers.

Thank You

Susan M Postmus

fam14 tvcconnect.net

Just wondered what the year span is for Historical Covers.

Thank You

Susan M Postmus

Susan

I have a variety of Covers.  Mostly FF from 1926-1945 some earlier and some later.  I was thinking if there was actually a span of years than I could narrow my focus.  WWI and WWII sound interesting.

Just thinking out loud.

Susan

Ken

To answer your original question, "Historical Covers" can be anything, from the 1st airmail covers which were from the balloons during the Siege of Paris in 1870 & 71, up until the present.  The recent covers may not be considered historical now, but they will be some day.

Ken Sanford

GreyOldDave

I have not answered because I could not understand the question. However, let me suggest that there are no limits to what you collect. Just go to the the exhibits at stamp shows.  Exhibitors can try to show a very wide range of history or narrow it down to the health stamps of one city in Argentina. There are 10 frame exhibits showing tiny variations of one single stamp.
Postal history mailings probably started in Roman times when couriers messages. you need to look at some amazing exhibits that show mail before the time of stamps.

David Crotty