From: DEC
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2014 7:17 AM
Subject: [aerophilately] Food for thought

As you may well know, I am not an bystander on the subject of how mail moved in the Atlantic during WWII. I will let each of you come to your own conclusions for the two book reviews in the February APJ. I think one of them is hilarious. I will be printing both of them in the next issue of TPC hoping to get some  comments.
Also Ken Lawrence has a two part article in the Jan and Feb issues of American Philatelist that I think go a long way to clear up  most if not all of the questions raised in the last five or six years.
Personally I think the misunderstandings came partially from the true lack of information, but considering the locations of documents that I found I must conclude that some authors had information that was never used as they came to their conclusions.
Feel free to make your comments here. That is what the Aerohilately group is all about. Just try to keep it polite.
If any of you don't happen to get either journal I'm sure we can find a way to provide a copy for you or you can get them from the APRL.
Cheers.

David Crotty

Ken

Dear David,

I agree.

Cheers,

Ken from my iPad

On Feb 2, 2014, at 10:48 AM, "K. David Steidley" <steidley@...> wrote:

That review should never have been published as it exceeds the bounds of civility for intellectual discussions. Sorry you had to endure that.

K. David