From: DEC
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 2:09 PM
Subject: [aerophilately] British Censor Numbers WWII

It happens that a member of the Civil Censorship Study Group, Konrad Morenweiser, assembled a list of known numbers collected from the PC90 censor tapes used by British censors to reseal opened letters during WWII. This list has something like 24,000 entries. This group of censor numbers are those used at various stations around the Atlantic ocean during the war. The list is indispensable when a collector tries to determine how a cover might have traveled.
The US has a list of censor numbers that was also determined by historians.  Konrad and other members of the study group had to figure this out themselves too. I will put the US list up sometime soon. I have a four page list of US censor number that appear to come from the back of a spiral bound book. I need to make sure I can have permission to mount these.
I have been meaning to put this on the Aerophilately site for months but never got to it and I do have Konrad's permission to do this. I hope you find it useful.

We also now have the most complete collection of PAA Atlantic flying boat trip summaries in existence along with a catalog of Canadian air mail rates from the beginning to 2011 in the Files section of our site. If you have more Aero related documents please feel free to upload then to the Files section. You can also load up an album of photographs in the Photos section.

Thanks David. Happy new year and all that!

David Crotty

As VP and webmaster, I think you can do anything within reason to enhance the AAMS website without fear of serious blowback.. I am encouraging you to think bold and add the list of censors, etc. that you are adding to the Yahoo group site to the AAMS site. I for one find the AAMS  site a 1,000 times easier to use and I want all my information tools in one place.

All of that being said you, are doing a great job. Thanks.

K. David

[...]

The AAMS website is seen as being restricted entirely to AAMS business.  That is why we started this group, to be able to attach a wider range of materials and represent a wider range of interests.