Canadian Air Mail Rates 1925-2011

GreyOldDave

Folks,
We have developed a 42 page compilation of Canadian Air Mail Rates from 1925 through 2011 for the Canadian Aerophilatelic Society. We had a lot of help from our friends for this one. This book, now available to Aerophilately members in the Files section, provides what we think is a complete listing of air mail letter rates for this country. This includes the first and second weight for most letters and postcards. We also tried to include the basic surface rate for comparison.

While this book comes from the work of many Canadian postal history researchers we do expect that we will find new materials that will require new editions. This will hopefully be a continuous work in progress. If you have information that adds to this or changes some of the postings please let me know so we can keep up to date with our best understandings of this complex topic.

This compilation will be included in the new catalog "Air Mails of Canada and Newfoundland" when it is ready.

If you quote from this please note the date of the edition on page 2. This edition is 1st Edition December 2013

David Crotty

Curt Heckert

Hi David,

Thanks for making these files available to us.

I am having a problem reading them. No matter if I open them from the website, or download first and open, all I can see are blank pages. Has anyone else reported having a similar problem?

Thanks,

Curt

Octavio

Hi,
I tried too and I observed the same problem in both files.
Regards.
Octavio

2013/12/12 <curtheckert@...>

Hi David,

Thanks for making these files available to us.

I am having a problem reading them. No matter if I open them from the website, or download first and open, all I can see are blank pages. Has anyone else reported having a similar problem?

Thanks,

Curt

GreyOldDave

Curt,
I have had people say this for other things I've done. I think you may be using the expensive Adobe product or you have a MAC and you use the Apple reader. Go to Adobe.com and get the free reader. That always works.
If that is not the issue get back to me. I'll try another method.
That being said, I set it up as a real book and there ARE a few blank pages.

David Crotty

Thanks for making these files available to us.

I am having a problem reading them. No matter if I open them from the website, or download first and open, all I can see are blank pages. Has anyone else reported having a similar problem?

Thanks,
Curt

GreyOldDave

Second thought, I put one version on the site and then tried to delete it. There may be two items there, one deleted and one real????

David Crotty

Thanks for making these files available to us.

I am having a problem reading them. No matter if I open them from the website, or download first and open, all I can see are blank pages. Has anyone else reported having a similar problem?

Thanks,
Curt

GreyOldDave

Opps,
Yes all I see are blank pages. I'll try again tomorrow Who knows.

David Crotty

Thanks for making these files available to us.

I am having a problem reading them. No matter if I open them from the website, or download first and open, all I can see are blank pages. Has anyone else reported having a similar problem?

Thanks,
Curt

Curt Heckert

I am using Win7. I don't know what version of Adobe Reader I was using, but I went to the Adobe site and installed the latest version.

Then, I tested this file:

CanadianAimailRatesDec11-2013.pdf Canadian Air Mail Rates 1925-2011
2490 KB
decrotty
5:15 PM

And, tada! I was able to open and read the contents.

So, whatever changes you made (or perhaps I made to my computer) worked :)

Curt

GreyOldDave

I have added a third file, the one that NOT in a folder. That one seems to work.  Strangely I cannot delete the bad ones.

David Crotty