Topics

Odd Computer Question:

Ken

Dear Dave,

That is great. I am glad you were able to access the files.

Cheers,

Ken

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 11:02 AM GreyOldDave via Groups.Io <decrotty=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
All
Thanks for the assistance. I found that a program TransMac.com from http://www.acutesystems.com opened the disks, showed all the files, and allowed me to copy/paste all files to my Win10 hard drive.

David Crotty

On Friday, September 7, 2018, 10:26:45 AM EDT, CurtHeckert <curtheckert@...> wrote:

Hi Dave,
I have never tried this program, but I found this link:

https://www.acutesystems.com/scrtm.htm

They do offer a free trial period of 14 days. So, you could try it and only purchase it after you are sure it works.
Good luck!
Curt

GreyOldDave

All
Thanks for the assistance. I found that a program TransMac.com from http://www.acutesystems.com opened the disks, showed all the files, and allowed me to copy/paste all files to my Win10 hard drive.

David Crotty

On Friday, September 7, 2018, 10:26:45 AM EDT, CurtHeckert <curtheckert@...> wrote:

Hi Dave,
I have never tried this program, but I found this link:

https://www.acutesystems.com/scrtm.htm

They do offer a free trial period of 14 days. So, you could try it and only purchase it after you are sure it works.
Good luck!
Curt

Curt Heckert

Hi Dave,
I have never tried this program, but I found this link:

https://www.acutesystems.com/scrtm.htm

They do offer a free trial period of 14 days. So, you could try it and only purchase it after you are sure it works.
Good luck!
Curt

Ken

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 8:42 AM GreyOldDave via Groups.Io <decrotty=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The editor for the FAM section of the American Air Mail Catalog has died. We found his notes from the 2004 Volume 3 6th edition all stored on Omega zip disks that were loaded from an early Apple Mac datesd 2003 and 2004. My attempts to read them with a new zip drive and a Windows computer fail. The current software for that drive finds no formating. This could be because the disks are 15 years old or it could be that we really need to find an old Apple Mac with the Omega drive.
So I ask you folks, if you have such an antique or if you know were one is, please let me know. Cheers

Ken Sanford
George Sioros was the editor for FAM in 2003. Dave Ball collected the zip disks from the son Dean Sioros and sent them to me.

David Crotty

On Friday, September 7, 2018, 9:26:58 AM EDT, Ken Sanford <kaerophil@...> wrote:

Dear Dave,

Who was it?