learning about First Flight covers and there value

acarterwriter

Hi all,

I've been trying to evaluate the value of my great-uncle's collection of First Flight covers. (He died in 1941.) At this point I don't know if I'll liquidate his collection or become a collector myself. At present a I know next to nothing, so please be patient.

Questions:

1. Is there a simple handbook or pamphlet that tells the basics of the hobby?

2. What is the latest update of values for First Flight covers? I have the AAMC 1990 Pricing Supplement. Is there anything more recent?

3. If the stamp on the envelope is more valuable than the cover, what do you do? Add the two together?

Thanks,

Al Carter

Join Aerophilately@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.