Re: Latecoere Lt de Vaisseau Paris F-NORD

GreyOldDave

Some years ago Jay Stotts was judging my exhibit and mentioned that his mother had a photo of a Latecore at a port on the east coast but he didn't know which one. I wondered many times if it was indeed the 521(before wwII) or maybe later one of the larger 631s after the war. Maybe this answers that question.

David Crotty

From: "bluzeman1@... [aerophilately]"
To: aerophilately@...
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 6:47 PM
Subject: [aerophilately] Re: Latecoere Lt de Vaisseau Paris F-NORD

This Laté 521 aircraft made a demonstration tour on this side of the Atlantic, a tour for which covers exist.  The aircraft ended up at anchor in Pensacola Bay, but a hurricane blew in and caused it to capsize, ending its airborne life.

Join Aerophilately@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.