From: aerophilately@... [mailto:aerophilately@...] On Behalf Of curtheckert@...
Sent: Thursday, 31 October 2013 4:47 a.m.
To: aerophilately@...
Subject: [aerophilately] RE: Help with cover 11/12/1932

Thanks for that info, Philip.

The dates on the cover are pretty interesting, based on the Wikipedia article. The post mark on the cover has the same dates (11-12-1932) but on the front it is stamped New York - Genova, and on the back, the same date but it is Genova - New York.

That's some speedy ocean liner :)

Can anyone decipher the signatures on the cover?

Curt

P.S. I thought I had posted this earlier, but when it did not show in the forum, I posted it again. So, I apologize for any double posts.

---In aerophilately@..., <ba121748111747-airmail@...> wrote:

Hello Curt,

Your scans worked fine.

I think this is a shipping (rather than airmail) cover. It looks like it has been carried on the maiden voyage of the Italian Line SS "Rex" from Genoa to New York in September 1932.

There's an interesting history of the ship on Wikipedia, here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Rex

Philip Swan
near Heathrow Airport, London

Join Aerophilately@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.