Re: Troubleshooting

Thomas McMahon

I've built 2 with Icom mobiles and 1 with a Kenwood mobile. In these applications there are 4 connections to the radio.

External speaker provides audio out and ground, the mic jack provides ptt and audio in. Based on what I've read, if you have a yaesu with the 6 pin din on the back it is a direct plug in (not 100% sure on that one).

If you don't have the little AVRT7 Plus display box, they are now available on ebay and I would highly reccomend getting one (I built two when they weren't available and just bought 2 more). They make these far more enjoyable and easier to troubleshoot but are not required.

Let me know if you need any help getting everything set up. These certainty aren't an easy plug and play experience but when they finally work they are an awesome tool.

Good luck
Tom
KU5R

On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 7:04 PM, Jared Yates
<email@...> wrote:
I never have been able to get mine to work. Can you share more about how yours is connected to the radio?

On January 20, 2019 02:36:21 "KU5R via Groups.Io" <KU5R@...> wrote:

Just FYI for anyone researching the AVRT7 PLUS.
  • If the blue light on the left side is flashing, the Wifi is not connected. Once the blue light stops flashing and the right side red light flashes consistently (except for packet indications) the Wifi is connected. (This shows on the lower left of the display)
  • If you have the display, the time since last packet won't calculate without Wifi
  • Don't expect this unit to perform without a radio connected. On it's own it doesn't do well but as a controller, it is awesome in my opinion.
I have bought 3 of these and love them!!!

Join AVRT7@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.